Saturday, May 10, 2008

Some great women

I know Mother's Day is tomorrow, but I'm going to kind of stray just a little and dedicate this post to some incredible women that I know.

Gaby* Pedro's sister

Gaby is amazing! I just love her. She's taught me so much - stuff like how to dress nice, fix my hair, and put on make-up (ya, I totally missed that part of adolescence), she's taught me how to see the good in others, and one of the first things I ever learned from her was to appreciate and show gratitude for Pedro and all the work he does. Gaby's fun to hang out with, she always has great stories to share, she's positive and she makes things fun.

Laura* Pedro's sister

Laura is so great! She's so enthusiastic about everything. She's got zest and is always doing something awesome. She also is very positive and upbeat. I don't think there's anything out there that can get her down. To me she is a great example of a mom. She does so well with her kids--all 6 of them!

Pam* my sister-in-law

I love Pam! I love that I can call her up and we can swap 'horror stories' and then laugh about them. I love that she always has something good to say about whatever is going on. She can laugh about life--she's found a great way to get through it. And for as small as she is--she is way tough!

Laura* my best friend

Laura is great! When I think of her I have flashes of skip-bo, 'Bummer', and running around her apartment because it was too cold to do it outside. We've laughed, we've cried, we both fell completely apart on the other's husband (totally embarrassing!) I know I can call her whenever I need and she'll be there for me--and I think she knows I'd do the same for her (right?) By the way Laura--Lucy and Alli are adorable and I think you're superwoman!

Mercedes* Pedro's mom

Ahhhh, how I wish I could see her more often and talk with her more easily. I don't know how to describe her except as incredible! Even though I can't understand much of what she's saying without Pedro to translate or an English/Spanish dictionary, I can see her love of life. That woman is always so happy and she's always laughing! Her laugh is so contagious, I can't help but laugh when she does even though I usually have no idea what's going on. I will never forget the whole rato/rata experience. She was trying to tell me to go take a rato (rest) and I thought she was telling me she saw a rata (mouse). We got some good laughs about that one. She's fabulous--absolutely fabulous!

My mom*

What an awesome person she is! She has shown me how to grow and change and become a better person. She still picks up the phone when I call--if I was her I'd probably be sick of me by now, I'm calling all the time! She listens to me and she laughs with me. She's prayed for me (more than I know), and she's helped me through some very tough times. She's become one of my best friends.

No comments: