WA-HOO! Today is our 6th anniversary. And Pedro still loves me! And I still love him! Sometimes it feels like it's been much longer than 6 years, and the feeling that it's been less than what it actually is doesn't come very often anymore, why is that? Point being...this is cool! Since our anniversary fell on a Sunday this year, and we're not going on our 'alone' trip until the end of May, we got a babysitter for last night and made big plans! We went out to dinner, hit the Promenade for a little bit, and then headed down to Fayetteville for some late night dancing! Dinner was good, the Promenade was fun, and as for dancing...well, we never got there. Our car completely gave out on us just outside of Fayetteville. We coasted down the off-ramp, pulled out the cell phone and started making calls. So, instead of a wonderful night of dancing we got to have a fun ride home in a tow truck--our first ride in a tow truck together! Aw well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Now for the sappy part. If you don't feel like reading about our sappiness, feel free to stop reading. All you ladies out there...I'm so sorry. I nabbed Pedro and you didn't! He's amazing! He doesn't think so, but I know so. Pretty much, he's everything I wish I was (except hairy and blind). Seriously, though. He's got some great qualities in him. He can bring out the best in me, and he's helped me overcome a lot of my 'issues' - for lack of a better word.
On the flip side, I'm awesome too! At least in his eyes. I know that he sees me as the wonderful, amazing woman that I am. I'm not sure if I believe in soul-mates, but if I did, I would have to whole-heartedly say that that's what we are. We even each other out, when I'm at the end of my rope, he's got the patience of a saint. When I'm stressed to the point of not functioning, he comes in and relaxes everything. When he's disorganized and loses something, I know where it is. When he has no idea what to feed a child, I come in with yogurt or carrot sticks. All right, all right, enough already. I'm done with the sappiness.



3 comments:
Congrats on the 6 years! I'm glad you were able to at least spend time with each other, even if it was in a tow truck!
Very sweet!! Congrats on six years! Sorry that you had to spend it in a tow truck, but hey what a great story to remember. Now you can say "well at least we're not in a tow truck this Anniversary!"
Yeah for 6 years!!! And what a way to spend an anniversary...at least you got to snuggle in the tow truck since there probably wasn't much room =)
Post a Comment