Yeah, I know! Huh? That was my reaction too over the last few days. Annaleise has been asking a lot, a lot of questions about cigarettes, alcohol and coffee! She's only 3! I thought we wouldn't be talking about this kind of thing for another year, maybe 2.
This morning while we were driving to the gym she asked if she could have a cigarette. My reaction? Aaahhhhhhh! Not out loud of course, I didn't want to scare her. So I explained to her that we don't smoke cigarettes, that they're bad for our bodies and hurt our lungs...blah blah blah. She suggested we should hide from the cigarettes. Okay, we can do that.
Yesterday I was eating ice cream out of a little cup and she asked if it was coffee. I'm still trying to figure out where she's learning all of this. My thought is Caillou, I think every now and then they mention coffee. It's amazing how fast kids pick up on things.
My good news for the day is that after experimenting for a while, we are most certain that Annaleise has a food allergy to wheat. We've had her off of wheat/gluten for a week now, we were aiming for 2, but Annaleise, in all her cleverness, found a loaf of french bread at the church and ate the whole thing! The next few hours just kind of confirmed it for us.
PS. Her 'mustache' is actually hair from Eric's head. Ya, I know we're weird, but it makes life fun.



4 comments:
It is amazing all that kids pick up on! That gives us lots of 'teaching' moments!
So what does wheat/gluten do to Annaliese? I am glad you have been able to figure it out!
She sounds like she keeps you on your toes! I'm amazed at how perceptive she is! I love the picture.
I'm glad to hear that Annaliese can relate to some of the things that Mckenzie does and that there's another mother out there that understands!!! I'm sure glad I have Melissa Morales!
I wish... I actually got Mckenzie to lye down on the ground and let me trace her with the chalk. She thought it was pretty cool!
Post a Comment