This is kind of late, but oh well. My dad came for a couple of days last week. I think we wore him out pretty good with a couple of trips to play racquetball, some basketball, and some late nights. I'll tell you what though...you haven't seen every side of my dad until you play Cranium with him. Wow! That game makes you do crazy stuff. It doesn't help that it was way past our normal bedtimes when we were playing it, just adds to the craziness.
Having 2 extra hands really came in handy on Saturday afternoon. Annaleise had gotten a splinter in her hand, and it was stuck in there pretty good. Dad tried to hold her arm and dig out the splinter at the same time. I gave him a warning though...Annaleise is freakishly strong. I don't think he believed me until he tried to get out that splinter. Annaleise pitched a fit. I had to hide my face so she wouldn't see me laugh. Not only is she super-strong, but her vocal powers were amazing! It took Pedro, my dad, and me all struggling against her. Pedro had her torso, I had her legs and my dad had her arms and hands. It took the 3 of us, a needle, a pair of tweezers, some ice, some hydrogen peroxide and a lot of screaming for that itty bitty thing to come out. While we were calming Annaleise down, Eric started crying (he had been taking a nap). Dad volunteered to get him, and he came out holding Eric in kind of a superman flying grip with a scrunched face. The problem? Eric had a major...I mean major blow-out. I gave the job to Pedro and dad, I'd already had my share of Eric explosions over the week. Anyways, I'm hoping he's (Dad) not traumatized from his weekend experience with us crazy Morales'. Love ya Dad, thanks for coming!



2 comments:
isn't it ironic how things like getting a splinter out and having a major blowout happen within minutes of each other? glad you had a fun time with your dad! Parents are wonderful!
How great that your dad came! I love it when family visits! It sounds like it was an unforgettable visit, too! Ü
Post a Comment