1. Gas is good
2. Nature has a way of getting me to do the stuff that I really don't want to do
3. When my mischievous 3 year old is quiet, it's a bad thing...a very bad thing
Now for the stories behind the lessons:
1. Last night Pedro and I got to go on a date-Yeah!!! We had plans to go to the gym, go out to dinner and then rent a movie for later on that night. We played basketball for a couple of hours and went out to the car to find that it wouldn't start. Bummer! The gas tank was completely dry. Luckily we were able to hitch a ride home and get the needed gas this morning.
2. So my Dad is coming on Friday to spend the weekend with us. I figured I should probably start doing some general cleaning, but I am such a procrastinator and to be honest, I just didn't want to do it. This morning we were out taking Pedro to work and we were going to go to the gym and run some other errands when out of nowhere Eric started puking. It got everywhere! So, in the end (which still hasn't ended), his pukiness has forced me to clean out the van, do lots and lots of laundry, clean the kids bathroom, mop the kitchen floor, and scrub the carpet (in places).
3. Yesterday morning Leise got in trouble and had to clean up a mess she made in her room (you really don't want to know the details on that one). Anyways, after an hour of being a drill sergeant and telling her she had no choice in the matter, she shut her door and was quiet. When I came to check a little later she had the mess cleaned up and was happy. It wasn't until later on that night that I noticed that, as an act of revenge I'm sure, she took her bright pink chapstick and rubbed it all over the floor---Aaaah!
And then this morning, while I was cleaning up all of Eric's sicky messes, Annaleise disappeared. I was so absorbed in what I was doing that I didn't think about her absence too much. After I was finished I went to check on her and found her in the bathroom. She had emptied half a huge bottle of baby lotion all over the bathroom floor and was slipping and sliding all over the place. Sigh.
Now I just need to convince the guy in charge that my lessons are learned, and can I please have the weekend off...give me a few days to recover before He sends me some more significant learning opportunities?
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'll try to remember the gas thing... I guess it might be helpful to check that gauge once in a while... I normally see it as decoration to my dashboard : )
Post a Comment