Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter




So this year we did all the traditional stuff we always do. Pull out the cool Easter decorations, go buy Easter stuff, get food for Easter dinner, and remember that Easter was coming...all the day before Easter! Which happened to be the day we were celebrating Easter...yeah, not too good in the planning arena.
Annaleise had fun coloring Easter eggs. Grandpa took her for a walk while I hid the eggs in the backyard, and when they got back she got to go Easter egg hunting. I need to remember next year to tie Kuzco up...she found an egg and ate it, shells and all. Leise was pretty upset about that. And after seeing how the dog ate an egg, Leise did it the same way. We heard a loud crunch and realized she was also eating an egg, shells and all. Don't worry, I took it away and got rid of the rest of the shell before giving it back.
Sunday morning the "Easter Bunny" gave Annaleise and Eric way too much candy, I'm thinking next year I'll tip off the Easter Bunny to send carrot sticks and apple slices instead. Sorry I didn't get pictures of them in their new Easter clothes. We did talk to Annaleise about Jesus and the Resurrection. It's kind of nice now because she's starting to understand these things a little bit. Her Sunbeams teacher has been wonderful at teaching her things in ways we never could think of. After we told Annaleise all about the Resurrection, she ran to my room, pulled out some gloves and came back. She put the glove on talking about how her hand was her spirit and the glove was her body and you die and the glove comes off, and you're alive again and the glove comes back on. Wow! Thanks Sister Dalton...you're the best!

2 comments:

Sara said...

It is so good to see pictures of your family! Annaleise and Eric are getting so big!

Vudochki said...

Melissa, for some reason I can't write on your facebook today, so I figured this would work just as well. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you are having a great day and that your kids let you sleep in, the chef from your favorite place prepared and delivered you meals for the next week so you won't have to cook and you got to spend the day on some exotic island beach relaxing. Well, now you know what I WANT for my birthday! heehee. Love ya lot's! ~Jessica