I really don't know how to write an ode, and for the life of me, right now I can't even remember what an ode is. But Petey made sure I had an awesome birthday yesterday and I just have to brag about him and everything he did.
Tuesday night Eric woke up at 2:30 wanting to eat. Pedro got up with him and fed him, then put him back to bed at 3:30 (Eric's a slow eater). Then, since he hadn't gotten a chance earlier this week, he put on his shoes and headed out to Wal-mart in the middle of the night to go shopping for my birthday. Wow! He came home and started wrapping presents and blowing up balloons. I woke up while he was in the middle of doing all this because I was freezing. Petey heard me get up and came in the room claiming he had fallen asleep on the couch. We got back in bed and he waited until I fell asleep before getting back up and finishing all the stuff he was working on. I have no idea what time he came back to bed, but he was up again at 7 with the kids and making me breakfast.
Pedro spent his day with me (I asked him to take a day off from work), taking care of kids, letting me do all things girly and pretty much anything I wanted to do, we did! He even did the dishes! Once I found out he had gotten a max of 4 hours of sleep that night, I made sure he had an energy drink and a nap.
We were planning on going out to dinner that night, kids and all. Let's just face it, finding a babysitter the day you want to have a night out is pretty much impossible. Not to mention that it was Wednesday night, and that's mutual night for the girls in our ward. But by 5:00, our kids were so cranky, and there was no way I was taking those kids anywhere! So I started telling Pedro we should just order pizza or chinese take-out or something. He wouldn't hear of it. So I tricked Annaleise into having some calming liquid (what a miracle that stuff is). Anyways, to make a long story a little bit shorter, I was with Eric in his room getting him dressed when the doorbell rang. I came out to see our regular babysitter's mom standing there! Pedro had called her a day earlier and since her girls weren't available, she came and watched our kids so we could go out to dinner...Surprise! He had a fun time with that one. All in all, Pedro did a great job...Thanks babe! Te amo mucho
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
wow, you had a great birthday!!! What I would give for a day like that! Good job Pedro! It looks like you guys are doing well and it was fun to see your blog. I'll be checking back to see what you guys are up to every once in a while. The kids are adorable!
Post a Comment