Why her? Why Jennifer?
Cancer doesn't discriminate. It doesn't strike bad people because they "deserve" it. It doesn't attack only the old because they've already lived full lives. Cancer doesn't care if you're black, white, blue, orange, male, female, somewhere in between. It doesn't care if you have a family or not. It doesn't care what other crap factors you might be facing in your life.
It doesn't care if you're a 24 year old woman with a husband and a 2 year old daughter. It doesn't care that your family went through a crapfest a few months ago. It doesn't care that this woman is beautiful and kind and struggling in other areas in her life. Cancer doesn't care that it invaded my sister's body. Cancer doesn't care that it turned her life upside down. It doesn't care that it bull-dozes families and dreams.
But I care.
I care about my sister. I care about my sister's daughter. And yes, even though sometimes he can be a real pain in the butt, I care about my sister's husband. I care about my parents. I care about my brothers and sisters. I care about me.
And this? This cancer? This is painful.
It hurts to see my sister in pain. To see her frail body. To see what cancer has done to her. It hurts to see the worry etched on my parents faces. It hurts to see this whole family pulling together to do everything they can to help Jen and know that it may not be enough.
Cancer sucks.
Friday, July 31, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm so sorry! It really does suck! I hope and pray that your family can find some peace and comfort through all of this!!
Post a Comment