I love having a four year old. It's a fun phase. She's potty-trained, she's pretty independent, she' sweet and sometimes not so sweet. The girl gives me many reasons to giggle every day. Here's a few from this week:
Pedro and I were in our room talking. The door was locked. We heard a knock and ignored it. We heard another knock and ignored it. Then another knock. So I asked, "who's there?" The reply was Bri in her sweetest voice, "it's me, your sweetie pie."
Last night I went to check on the kids after they had fallen asleep. Eric was gone to the world. Leise was snoring softly. And then there was Bri. Her blanket was on the floor. Her head on her pillow. But the pillow had no pillow case. She had taken the pillowcase off and shimmied her bottom half into it. Oh, how I wish I knew where my camera was!
Last one: I took Bri for a walk in the morning. It was raining so we grabbed an umbrella and slowly made our way around the block. Half-way through our walk Bri asked if she could hold the umbrella. I warned her that it was heavy as I handed it over. We made it another 15 steps before she stopped, slumped her shoulders, hung her head and said in a very sad, little voice, "it's too heavy, mom." I took the umbrella back from her and we continued walking.
A few minutes later she asked, "mom, what's for dinner?"
I said, "I don't know yet."
"Can we have reef beef?"
"Reef beef?"
"yes, reef beef."
"You want beef for dinner?"
"Yes, mommy. I want beef so my muscles will grow and then I can hold the umbrella."
Such a sweet heart.
Thursday, August 01, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Aw, adorable! I can't believe she is already four! It is such a fun age, isn't it?
Post a Comment