There's only a little over a month left before school starts again and I am finding myself in a whole new mind set. I don't want school to start. I love sleeping in. I love not having a schedule. I love the lazy days.
I should knock on wood. Right now.
Done.
Summer has been so nice this year. It's not unbearably hot like it was last summer. The kids are getting along great. Knock on wood again. They wake up and make their own breakfast and plop down with some cartoons until I'm ready to get out of bed. They're pretty independent and when they become bored they figure out something to do. So there's not a lot of "Mo-oooooom, I'm boooooored" happening.
It's nice. Very nice. Occasionally I get frazzled because the house is never clean--not even for an hour--or the kids get super, super loud and there's not a quiet place to be found. But it's not enough of an annoyance to have me begging for school to start like past years.
Hmm. Kind of nice.
If next week, I'm singing a completely different tune, than fate has caught up to me and decided to teach me a lesson.
Until then, I'll keep loving the 8am mornings and the lack of homework and schedules to be juggled.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Summer is nice, isn't it? I am loving everything except this awful heat. That's so great that your kids are independent. I love that mine are much the same way. It makes things easier... Now if only they would pick up after themselves! :)
Post a Comment