Thursday, February 14, 2013

Feelin' the Love

Today was fun.

I forgot to set the alarm so Leise woke us up at 6:30. Bus comes at 6:48. Crazy parent mode kicked in and we got the kids dressed and fed. In the midst of fixing food for the littles, I saw this:



I love the smell of roses.

I shouted out a loud "Thanks babe, you're the best!" and went on with shooing kids out the door. Not my preferred method of showing my gratitude, but eh, what's a girl gonna do?

I skipped out on the kids V-day parties, not quite ready for that yet, plus Bri was being less than pleasant.

So I came home and cut out a bunch of hearts (10 for each person) and wrote reasons why I loved them on each heart. Bri helped me tape them to walls and mirrors, doors, lamps, and picture frames.

The kids came home all sugared up from their parties, arms laden down with even more Valentine treats. So what do I do? I make heart-shaped cupcakes and a heart-shaped cake. Because if they're gonna get all sugared up, we might as well go to town.

For dinner we had red, pink and white food: we chowed down on ham, potatoes, strawberries, raspberries and cherry juice.

Pedro found his Valentine present: a gym bag. Ya, I know. Aren't I soooo romantic?

All in all, a good day.

PS. I'm on the upside now. I didn't need to take happy pills or calming juice today. I went out into public without getting a stomachache or chest pains. And I was able to make cheerful conversation (albeit a tad awkward).




4 comments:

Amy said...

Crazy parent mode indeed! Did she catch the bus on time? What a sweet surprise you found! And I love the heart messages you left for your kids. So very sweet. What a fun day you all must have had. And yay for being on the upside!!!

Feels Like Today said...

fun, fun, fun!!!

Feels Like Today said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love Eric's valentine. That is so precious! And you got a sweetie for a husband! Lots of love sent your way!