I buckled down this past week and decided to potty-train Bri.
1 1/2 days.
That's all it took.
I know. I'm still in shock. My past experiences have taught me that potty-training takes years and years, and more years. So after a day and a half, she comes in by herself when she's out playing--we don't need to remind her. She stays dry overnight. She tells me she needs to go when we're out shopping or whatever, and goes wherever I take her.
And it's no big deal.
She doesn't even want the m&m treats anymore.
She is my saving grace.
I was bracing myself for more terror. I hate potty-training. But this little girl has shown me it may not be so bad after all.
Is this how most parents out there experience potty-training? As a "no big deal" kinda thing? It's quite refreshing. And it's completely new and opposite that I don't know how to deal with the excitement and relief of it.
I have a new favorite child.
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
This post made me laugh! My first one took years- seriously! All my family kept saying if it takes longer then a week they aren't ready. On child #2 I saw the truth of it, and realized so many mistakes i made with child #1. Child 2&3 only took two days. Child 4 took two tries and both times it took her only a couple days. She tried to get lazy after a month and I did what I said I'd never do- she went bare bummed for a couple days while at home and we were home free after that. So glad you got to have an easy one- you seserve it!!
Wow, that is awesome! I have yet to experience that. What was your trick? What a relief.
I Understand how you feel... I'm glad bri "got" it so fast =)
Grant was like Bri. So I was blown over when Ben and Ize took years... ok, Ize still isn't trained- he's more like potty forced. So, I'm with you. Potty training scares me. I am dreading it with Lydia. I think it might put me in the nut house. Or getting Ize actually trained might do that. I'm glad you had an easy experience- heaven knows you deserve one!
Post a Comment