Sunday, November 04, 2012
Little bit of this, little bit of that
My kitchen got cleaned today. That's a perk of being frustrated. It's how I release it. I clean. My primary class today was insane! I think the walls heard the lesson and that was it. I just about gave up. Looking at the bright side: I have a week break before trying again.
Halloween. So glad it's over. We had fun, but when the festivities begin 11 days before Halloween and keep on going for close to 2 weeks, eh, it's time to be done. Kids were cute though. They scored lots of candy, most of it's in the freezer being eaten slowly. And just so ya know, Annaleise was rough and tough Snow White from Once Upon a Time. Most people assumed she was Katniss. And Bri's a spider, hard to tell from the pictures, but when she raised her arms, you could see 4 extra arms pop up.
*Monster Brains sensory tub. The kids loved digging through the bucket searching for treasures*
We've been on and off sick for the past week and a half. We all got it. Stomach bug. Lovely. And now it's over and food doesn't seem so bad anymore.
Yesterday was a good day. I love warm November days. We played outside for a good part of the afternoon tossing a football around and pushing kids on the swings. That's how I like to spend a Saturday.
Pedro and I played Star Wars Risk last night. Always a "risky" move. We usually end up mad at each other--that game causes lots of bad feelings. So it's spends most of it's time at the top of the closet being ignored. We brought it down and hoped we'd still be talking to each other at the end of the night. Two hours into the game and I was finally winning and we decided to put it away. Partly because it was midnight. Partly for the sake of our marriage. We went to bed talking and laughing and the game is back in the closet. No hard feelings--this time.
Kids are kids are kids. We love 'em and they drive us crazy.
Until next time...
*I just love the way Eric's body is positioned in this picture*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
I know I was so relived when Halloween was over (even though I LOVE IT) because it has just been so busy!!! I thought I would have time to breath afterwards but nope pre-school (I'm teaching the next few weeks) and then Sammy's birthday and then Thanksgiving crap maybe I can breath come January =) oh but the joy in our kids eyes =) that make it all worth it (kinda) =)
Totally agree with you Halloween is ridiculous. What ever happened to it just being a one night event. But your kids do look very cute in their costumes!!!
Post a Comment