Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Ironing Board

I have an ironing board. It's in my laundry room covered in a thick layer of dust. I also have an iron. It's in it's original box, sitting at the back end of a shelf in the same room.

I can clearly remember the last time I pulled those two items out and used them. I was pregnant with Bri at the time and going through a nesting phase. Bri is now 3 1/2 years old.

Everytime I go in my laundry room I see that ironing board. It no longer fills me with guilt. I just look at it and wonder why I haven't gotten rid of it yet. I have no desire to ever pull it out again. Sometimes I think I should teach my kids to iron. It could be a useful skill. No, that's what wrinkle-free clothes are for.

I'm almost ready to say good-bye to the ironing board. But as of right now, it's making itself useful by being a good place for me to hang my endless amount of walmart bags off of.

As soon as I can find a new place for the bags, it's bye-bye to the board.

No comments: