Ten years ago I made my best choice. I married my Petey. The past decade has been full of ups and downs. We've gone crazy together, we've struggled, we've conquered, we've cried and laughed. We've celebrated and mourned. We've had our exciting moments and our days of trudging through the mundane tasks. And life keeps moving forward.
Last night I was talking to my youngest sister. The only unmarried one of the bunch left. She asked me how it felt and asked if I missed the good old "mushy days." Because, let's face it, life is not mushy anymore. I told her I enjoyed that honeymoon phase while I was in it and I'm enjoying the phase that I'm in now.
It used to be that I would willingly give Pedro back scratches just to have that physical contact. Now if he wants a back scratch he has to make a trade--I get my feet rubbed. I used to watch him take a nap and sigh and think "oh, you're so cute." Now he takes a nap and I think "please don't drool on the pillow."
Love has shifted and changed. I love him differently than I did at the beginning of our relationship.
On that note, here's 10 random things I love about Pedro:
1. Patient. I have never seen someone so patient! He inspires me to kick my patience up a notch. And if I can't summon the needed patience, I know he's there to make up the difference.
2. New Jork and New Yersey. The man still can't pronounce them right and I have no problem with it. I can't help but smile when his accent kicks in.
3. Relaxed. There is not very much that can get him riled up. He is incredibly calm. Which is exactly what I need since I tend to stress over the small stuff.
4. Devoted. I am constantly amazed at how much he loves his family. He would do anything for them and it makes me happy to know how much love he has in his heart.
5. He loves my cooking. Put good food in the man's belly and he's beyond happy. Good thing he thinks my cooking qualifies as good food.
6. Willing. You know those nights when you just need that certain chocolate bar? He'll go out and get it. Or when you're making dinner and you've forgotten that one ingredient? He's so nice to go out and fetch that one thing, even if he just walked in the door from a long day at work, or if it's 11 pm and he's ready for bed. He's just awesome like that.
7. Bedtime Stories. I love listening to him tell the kids bedtime stories. A couple nights ago Leise requested "Nailpunzel." Ya, he makes stories up from existing stories but inserts his own quirkiness in them or puts in a new moral. Kinda fun. The kids love it.
8. He always kisses me when he comes home from work. Ah, it's the little things.
9. And then he always asks me about my day. Even though he knows it's going to consist of the same stories about laundry, dishes, who said something nice, who was super whiny, he wants to know what happened.
10. Lastly, I love listening to him speak in Spanish. I don't always know what he's saying, but I love listening to how fast he speaks, love listening to him drop the first letter or 2 from some of his words, the inflections.
I love him because he's there for me. When the worst of me comes out he'll help me push past it. When I accomplish something, big or small, he's there cheering. Whatever life throws our way, good or bad, I know I've got him at my side.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
How very sweet! I totally forgot your anniversary....Happy 10th Anniversary!! You two are definately meant to be together - no doubts there. You're both loved very much!
How very sweet! I totally forgot your anniversary....Happy 10th Anniversary!! You two are definately meant to be together - no doubts there. You're both loved very much!
Oh I love your blog! It is so refreshing to read a blog that I can completely relate too! So happy you guys got married. You guys seem so perfect for each other!
Post a Comment