Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another Long One and Battle Wounds

16 miles. Done. Yay!

And to my delight, it was much easier than the 15 last week. I'm not saying it was a piece of cake, but I was not plagued with negative thoughts for the majority of the run.

I ran the first 8 miles with a friend. That made the miles just fly by. By mile 13 I was getting really tired. Mile 14 I just kept thinking "2 more, 2 more" Mile 15 and I was dragging. I shuffled to my finish line and felt complete relief with the stop.

It took 3 hours 18 minutes. That includes time for 3 bathroom breaks and multiple walking breaks. After I was finished I had a 1 mile walk back to my car. I passed a crepe shack. Oh yummy! And I was famished from those miles. Next time I'll remember to put a couple bucks in my pocket. I can still smell them. Mmmmm!

All these miles are making me SO hungry! I downed a Gatorade, 2 GU's and a Powerbar during the run. I loaded up on carbs last night. Not from the best sources, but I don't feel bad about that now 'cause I burned it ALL off! I'm gonna eat us out of house and home, I'm sure.

As for the battle wounds. Blisters, chafed skin, a really bad sore from running with the wrong kind of clothes on (and then I forgot about it and rubbed the sore right off during a shower--I now know what color "flaming red" is). And another sore on my leg--that one I got from a pouch of Gatorade that I carried in my pocket. My knees are holding up pretty good. They're sore now but that'll go away with more joint pills, ice and stretching.

It was a good run and helped knock down a piece of that wall.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

holy crap you amaze me!!! You are doing so great!!!