Saturday, January 14, 2012

Week 5

Monday: 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes walking
Tuesday: 3 mile run, 30:30, with 30 minutes of weight training
Wednesday: 5 mile run, 53:45
Thursday: Nada
Friday: Nada
Saturday: 10 miles, 1hr 45mins

Yay! I decided to do two 5 mile loops that started and ended at my house so I could stop in at the half way point to grab some food, water, and a bathroom break. Not the best idea as my "break" lasted 10 minutes! Next time I'll just tell Petey to leave the goods on the curb so I can get used to running the whole way through--have a walking break to drink, but not completely stopping for 10 whole minutes.

Even with the break I'm pretty proud of that run. The first loop took 50 minutes. I had to ask Pedro a couple times if he was sure that the time was correct. It seemed like the wind had pushed me to more of a walking pace than anything else, at least when I was running against it. I guess coming back the other way it gave me more of a boost than I thought.

The second loop was a lot tougher than the first. I was already worn out from the first 5 miles and then during my break I drank way too much so I had to be careful with my pace so I wouldn't get those nasty side/stomach cramps. And once again, the wind was not my friend. My time for the 2nd loop was 55 minutes.

One other good note: my knees are not as in much pain as usual! Yay! I felt most of my soreness in my calves. It was a relief to have muscle pain instead of joint pain after a long run. Still icing. Hoping I can get out of bed in the morning.

1 comment:

Pamela Brown said...

Way 2 go keep up the good work!!!!