I'm free!
No more feeling my chest constrict. No more heart pounding. No more trouble breathing. I have other thoughts in my head besides "how do I get outta this? what are ya doing? don't be stupid!"
I don't know how to explain it, other than it's night and day. It's like a switch has been turned off. I've had to fight off 4 panic attacks this last week. Believe you me, those are no fun. I've only had 1 full-blown panic attack and that was 6 years ago. After that lovely experience I learned everything I could with how to cope and keep from having another one.
Feeling the attack coming on is a scary thing. Feeling so completely out of control. And knowing in the back of my mind that the fear and anxiety is totally irrational, but not being able to stop it.
There will always be some anxiety that I have to deal with. And occasionally (hopefully not too often) I'll have these setbacks.
But for now, I feel like I've escaped he**
Wednesday, November 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
happy you've escaped!!! I get it!
So happy for you! Brad was having heart palpations a year ago and stopped all the caffine and feels so much better. Now if I can just get him off all the Halloween candy......
I'm glad you've found relief!
Post a Comment