I'll be the first to say it:
I'm a realist.
And a pessimist.
There must be something in the air. Or maybe in the water. Because lately I've found myself being more optimistic. It's really kind of odd. In a good way.
I tend to do that thing I always try to avoid but just can't help it. The "I'll be happy when..." thing.
"When" has arrived.
Life isn't perfect. I have my moments, hours, days...whatever. But for the most part I'm thinking, "hey, I'm really enjoying this stage of life."
The kids are more independent. Their personalities are really starting to shine. And they're funny! Sure, they're grouchy and whiny sometimes, what kid isn't?
I'm feeling more in control and confident as "The Mom." Minus when we're at the library or the doctor, or the dentist or the school or church. We'll conquer those places eventually. Right?
And now that I've said all that, Murphy's Law will come into play and the optimist in me will fly away.
I'll just have to enjoy this while it lasts.
Bu-bye now!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment