Friday, August 26, 2011

Catching up: Part 1

My camera isn't hooking up to the computer so no pictures until I get Petey to fix it for me.

Catch up time.

July 8th.

Get up early, dress up nice and drive down to Fort Smith for Pedro's citizenship thingamabob. Get there and realize this a big event, not just a 15 minute quick and easy thing. No place to sit in the courtroom. 48 other people are being naturalized. Kids are wild. I take them into the hall. Shoes and socks come off. Camera is thrown to the ground multiple times. Kids running and screeching up and down the hall. Frantic mother trying to contain them notices the "quiet please" sign. Office doors start shutting. I take the kids back out to the car, where luckily, we have the movies and snacks to entertain them. Pedro comes out 15 minutes later. It's not over. That part is only instructions on what is going to happen later. It had already been 1 1/2 hours. There was another hour to go. I decide to take the kids to the park. The playground is burning hot. We go to Chic-fil-e for ice cream. Pick up Petey. He has his citizenship. Hallelujah!

Drive back home. Load up van with everything minus the kitchen sink. Eat lunch and get on the road to drive through the night to Utah. Take naps all day long, and the next day Petey goes to the airport to come back to Arkansas.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

I think you handled it great... I would have lost it at the quite please sign... =) And Pedro knows how much you wanted to be there to support him so its all good... Funny story to tell the kids right...=)