Yes, this post is about a tree. Sadly I have a case of writer's block that keeps me from writing anything more than this.
We had a gustnado a few days back. Google it, I did. I've never heard of one before. Anyhow, I slept through most of it, only waking up once to a very loud bout of thunder--at least that's what I thought it was. The next morning everybody's up, making breakfast and then a kiddo says "mama, the tree!"
Half the tree was lying on the ground. Luckily it fell away from the house. That thing probably would have crashed through our bedroom window had it gone the wrong way.
Thanks to wonderful home teachers, neighbors and a couple of chainsaws, the bit of tree that was hanging on and all the big branches have been cut up and hauled away.
And now we're left with this. A very sad looking tree. Methinks we'll have to remove the rest of it. It looks like it's leaning precariously over the house and the slightest gust might leave us in a mess. I don't want to do that, simply because, well...where would we hang the hammock?



2 comments:
Kind of scary! May no more gustnadoes come your way... :)
Tragic! I hate seeing broken trees. To me, trees are friends, so I would have been heartbroken over this. But my goodness what a blessing that it didn't get your house!
Post a Comment