*Pictures from the Darius Rucker and Lady Antebellum concert
Last day of school is tomorrow! Can I get a big "YA-HOO!"
End of the year...gifts to the teacher. I've never really gotten into that. This year was different. We have some awesome friends here in Arky, and one of their sons happened to be in the same class as Annaleise this year. This family has a tradition of giving their teachers a Book of Mormon along with a family picture and their testimonies. They invited us and other families who had kids in the same classes as them to join in on the fun. Cool huh?
So last night a bunch of us gathered for a group FHE including the missionaries. We had the kids practice what they were going to say to their teachers and did some role playing. There are 4 LDS kids in Leise's class at school (that's a lot for us). Last year Annaleise was the only one in her class that was a member of our church. Anyways, it was a group effort.
Annaleise was very nervous last night, saying she was too shy, and what if the teacher didn't want it. We talked it over and said a prayer that she could be brave today. This morning she woke up so excited to go to school and give the teacher the gift. *She wrote her teacher a nice thank you note and a little testimony and put in a picture of herself to give along with the Book of Mormon*
I was so excited for her to come home and tell me how it went. She said her teacher was very nice and said thank you. And Annaleise got to give away her first Book of Mormon at 7 years old. We'll have to do this again next year. I'm one proud mama.



5 comments:
I LOVE that idea!
What a wonderful idea! Great teaching tool, and incredible experience for your little girl!
That is something to be proud of! Kids are so great- the gospel makes them happy and they want the people they care about to be happy too. Seems pretty simple- if only we could all see it that way! And yes! You definitely get a woo-hoo from me! I LOVE not having to rush to get ready for school in the morning. And next year I'll have to get two kids ready. I may have to rethink my organization methods a bit...
What a cool thing! I am sure that took some guts for Annaleise. Good for her.
And I am so jealous...i LOVE Lady A.
That is such a great idea, way to go Mamma!!! I love how kids are so willing to do things like that. Happy Late Birthday Bri, looks like is was a good day.
Post a Comment