A friend of mine has started a "Time Out Tuesday" thingy--for lack of a better word. Basically she's encouraging everyone to take time to themselves once a week and then write about it. So here goes:
Friday was my time out. I dropped my kiddos off with a friend in the morning and had 3 hours to myself. Unfortunately I had come down with a cold so I wasn't feeling all that great, but on the plus side, it kept me from doing something productive (cleaning). I sat on my bed and watched one of the conference sessions while I straightened my hair. I can't even remember the last time I straightened my hair--it takes For.Ev.Er. And I was able to pay attention to the speakers and take in their messages. Nice!
My wonderful albeit horribly congested day continued into the afternoon when I dropped my kiddos off again at another friend's house so I could have Mother's Day Tea at the school with my Leisy Lu. Not exactly alone time--but it was time well spent having a wonderful one on one with my daughter.
And then the evening: date night with my honey. Once again we dropped off the kids with some friends (my poor kids got shuffled around a lot that day) and we headed off to a baseball game. The tickets were free and the seats fabulous--right behind home plate. The poor people around me had to listen to me blowing my nose throughout the game. Lucky for us, we went to a game that our team won. Go Naturals!
And that folks, was my time out.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That sounds like an awesome time out!!! Too bad your sinis' didn't agree =)
I'll take a time out like that any day! I take my time outs at night-put the kids to bed, send Scott down to play xbox and I get to read or watch one of my movies :) Glad you enjoyed your alone time!
What a fun Time Out you had! And thank you so much for playing along. I am so sorry you were feeling awful, but listening to Conference while straightening hair is an awesome activity. I need to try that some time. And super awesome that your team won!
Post a Comment