Sunday, May 08, 2011

Feeling the Love



Friday was awesome! I was invited to a Mother's Day Tea at the school with my little chica. She met me in the hall outside her classroom, offered me her arm and asked if she could escort me to my seat. How cute! The class sang 2 songs and took turns telling everybody why they loved their moms. Annaleise said she loved me because I am nice. She then took my order for a pink lemonade and cookie cake. We talked while we ate and then she pulled out a pile--and I mean pile!--of mother's day papers for me. She wrote down things she would do for me, reasons I am special and things she knows about me. She also wrote her favorite memory of something we did together. It was so sweet! Love that little girly.

Today I have been spoiled--or more appropriately--shown the love. Lots of hugs and kisses from the kids, chocolate, sleeping in, breakfast in bed, grilling with friends. Couldn't ask for a better day.

2 comments:

Pamela Brown said...

Ahh Cute!!! I am glad that you were able to get so spoiled :)

mel nielson said...

Aren't those moments so special? When our kids are able to think beyond themselves and their needs to focus on mom and let us know how much they love and appreciate us. I know it's hard for them to do at such a young age, but I'm so grateful when do! Happy Mother's Day :)