*Kids dancing their little hearts out*
It's not the ideal time out, but it works. And hey, I enjoy it. At least until the soreness kicks in. My time out consists of 1 1/2 hours to myself 5-6 days a week. I go somewhere hot and smelly and for the most part enjoy it. Where? The gym. There's nothing like working out frustrations on the treadmill or lifting my little wimpy weights next to the huge bulging men. I get to listen to my music--no little voices in the background saying "momma your music is too loud." Nobody asking me for anything except for the occasional "are you using this machine?" My time at the gym helps me feel better about myself, I have time to be alone with my thoughts--which I generally try to drown out with my ipod.
Speaking of which, I need to go get ready to leave before my sore muscles convince me to take a day off.



3 comments:
I really want to go to a gym... But my mommy guilt kicks in and I have a hard time leaving my kids with anyone else... I know a healthy happier me would be better for them than the grumpy chubby mommy but... I just have such a hard time doing anything with out them... I need to cut the apron strings.... I'm glad you get to the gym and have you de-stress time =)
Oh, I am so jealous! I wish I could go to a gym. Good for you! What a wonderful way to take time to take care of yourself.
sounds awesome, tempts me to go get a membership!
Post a Comment