Sunday, April 03, 2011

Adventure #29




Yesterday I woke up like any other day. I was laying in bed next to the cutest 4 year old boy I know. He must have kicked his daddy out with all those knees and elbows. I though about going back to sleep for a while, and then my brain kicked in. It was my birthday! And I had a spa appointment that very morning! I jumped out of bed so fast--hmm, maybe I need a spa appt more often to get me up and going in the morning. I like the thought of that. Mmmmmm. Ahem. Anyways, quick shower because of the little voices calling through the door. "Mom, come out soon, we have surprises for you." So out I go in all my pink bath robe glory.

Now my dear hubby, bless his heart, knows that I just love to unwrap gifts. But the poor fella just doesn't get the whole wrapping business. So every year is a delightful surprise. This year? My gifts were wrapped in diapers and pull-ups (clean ones, mind you) and put in a gift bag. Well, unwrapping is unwrapping.

I headed off to the spa for 3 hours of heaven. I think that will be on my birthday wish list every year. Pure bliss.

A pizza and wings dinner followed by Italian Cream cake. I really have to appreciate the ingenuity of my husband. We had no candles so he just planted a match in my cake, lit that and then sang the fastest version of Happy Birthday before the match could leave little flakes of ash on top of the dessert.

Later in the evening my man headed off to Priesthood session of conference, and I went to Red Robin to meet some friends for a GNO. Lots of good conversations, giggles, and the most embarrassing/fun Robin dance ever--I'm really starting to wonder if somebody spiked my root beer float.

All in all, a terrific day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad it was fun, and I want to hear all about your spa appointment. I have never been, but have always wanted to. And that day sounds awesome!

mel nielson said...

What a perfect birthday! It sounds like you got a little bit of everything good in your day :)

Pamela Brown said...

Happy Late Birthday!!! Looks like a wonderful day. I hope you enjoyed yourself at the spa, what a wonderful idea. Thinking of you guys!!!