But there's a new twist to this vent. It's not about the kids!
My doc office is driving me crazy! I've had problems the last year or so getting refills on my prescription. I do the online refill thing. Takes a couple of days, go to the pharmacy. Lo and behold, no prescription! Call the pharmacy and do the automated refill thing (they contact the doc office for me). A couple days later I usually have my pills in hand. But only after missing 2 or 3 days of them from this whole ordeal.
Maybe with some pills it wouldn't be a big deal. Not with these ones. They're my anti-depressants. I miss 1 day, no biggie. 2 days, little bit of a biggie. 3+ days, watch out world! Not only does it make me unstable, but it also messes with my head in weird ways. I get dizzy if I move too fast, I start stumbling over words when I talk, and the most annoying part is having something that feels like a twitch in my head. Kind of makes me feel unbalanced, also does something weird to my vision. But it only lasts a second, and it happens just a couple times an hour.
I've now been without my pills for 9 days. I'm *stable enough* emotionally. I've learned enough tricks to take care of that part: wild yam, balanced diet, exercising and sunshine.
*Stable enough meaning that I'm not sitting on my bed staring at the wall. And I have been at that point before. It's not pretty. I'm up and functioning. But my kids have been praying that "mom won't yell at us so much." And Pedro gives me funny looks that let me know that I'm starting to lose it.* The other physical side effects are driving me crazy. But I'm still functioning.
I was put on the anti-depressants 2 years ago at the end of my pregnancy with Bri. It was a terrible pregnancy, physically and emotionally. I didn't intend to stay on the pill for so long. But I did. And now I'm ready to go off of them.
I only needed one more refill to start weaning myself off of them. And if I could have weaned myself the right way I probably wouldn't be having the side effects that I am, and I'd be more than just stable. I'd be fine. But having missed 9 days already, I feel like if I can just stick it out a while longer things will work themselves out.
And then I don't have to deal with the bleepity bleep bleep anymore. (insert smiley)
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That sounds like a really tough struggle, but I'm sure you can do it! You were always a strong person so I know you can do it if you've decided to. Good luck!
I can't imagine what you are going through. First off, the whole medical profession, as much help as they give, sure create lots of hoops to jump through. I am excited for you to be weaning yourself soon. That will be nice. Good luck.
Post a Comment