I'm not a very patient person. I'll be the first to admit it. In fact if someone were to ask "Who here is not patient?" I'd be the one jumping up and down with her hand in the air yelling "ooh,ooh, that's me!"
There, now we've got the picture painted in your head.
Today I got to practice and grow my levels of patience. And I've got to say, it's a good thing I'm completely wrapped around Mr. Eric's finger or this would never have happened. Not only that, but Annaleise is at school. And Bri was perfectly happy with her own little bowl of cereal.
On to the story then:
Eric's been fighting a fever since last night. (Oh, and I also have a big soft spot for my kids when they're sick). Anyways, he finally asked for food and wanted cereal. Lo and behold, the only kind of cereal I have is Fiber One Honey Clusters. Luck would have it, he liked the flakes, but wouldn't have anything to do with the little clusters. So he asked me to get a spoon and fish all the little clusters out of there. It wasn't happening fast enough, so I had to spoon feed him, but before sticking the spoon in his mouth I had to pull out any little clusters.
Not one ounce of frustration in me, not one pleading thought of "oh, please let him be full soon." Nada. W.O.W. So he's got a full belly and is perched back on the couch cuddled up with his Mickey blanket watching cartoons.
And I am calm and serene and pondering on the loveliness of a slowly growing level of patience.
Monday, February 07, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
It's amazing how the same child can drive you bonkers one minute and make you melt and bend over backwards the next. I think Heavenly Father planned it that way for a reason. Otherwise, I don't know how we'd survive! Sigh, a mother's love.
Sick kiddos is the worst. But they do have a way of refining us, don't they? Good job on growing that patience of yours! And I hope he gets better very soon.
Good for you!!!! I wouldn't have been that patient.
Post a Comment