Friday, February 18, 2011

Good things

It's sunny and warm outside. You know what that means?! The kids have been outside playing for the last couple of hours. I was out there playing with them until my brain kicked in gear and said "hello, you're coughing, sneezing, sniffling and so forth." So I'm back inside. But despite what my brain says, my soul says "SUNSHINE." So the doors are wide open, all the windows are open and I don't even mind the one fly that is buzzing around. Love love LOVE!

I mentioned I've been reading "Toss the Guilt, Catch the Joy." I'm only 70 pages into it or so, but it's already helping. Yesterday when I started feeling yucky I kept saying to myself, "no, you can't lie down, there's still X, Y, and Z that needs to be done." And then this quiet voice in my head told me that XYZ can wait, and I'll probably get them done better later if I just take the day and rest. My body was screaming at me to rest. But the mom brain in me was fighting. Eventually I decided to 'toss the guilt.' I got lunch for everybody at Sonic(which I rarely do), and I didn't care that Eric drank his shake before he ate his fries and that he only had a handful of popcorn chicken. I put a hat on my head to go out, since I didn't have the energy to stand in the shower long enough to actually get clean. I picked up Pedro early from work. I spent a few hours in bed resting. I didn't make dinner. And I didn't feel guilty at all! I figured if I took care of myself, then I would feel back to normal sooner than later. And voila! No guilt=no stress. No stress=happier me.

1 comment:

Feels Like Today said...

Love that book!! Hope you are feeling better :)