Who needs a sauna when you live in Northwest Arkansas? I was dripping sweat like crazy just from going outside to pick green beans--at 8:30 PM! Can we say ICK?!
What's the point of those electronic readers? The ones that cost $150 to buy, and then $10 to download a book to read. Have people not heard of a convenient thing called a library? Maybe I'm not technically advanced enough to understand why I need something that a book itself accomplishes. Although I must say I was impressed with that cool feature that lets you see the words no matter what angle you hold it at. So if you have one, please tell me, what's the big deal with those?
Case in point, cell phone. I only have an emergency cell phone. A pay as you go phone. Horrible isn't it? And it's only turned on when our land line is down or when we're on a road trip. I can see it's not going to last long since my daughter is already asking when she gets her own cell phone.
I divided life into two halves. Before kids, life is all about how much sleep you can go without. Oh come on, didn't you stay up past midnight just because you could? After kids, it's all about how much sleep you can get.
"Hey, hey! I got 7 hours of sleep last night!"
"Uninterrupted?"
"Well, no..."
"But hey! I got in 2 catnaps, even though the kids were crawling on top of me!"
I found out Annaleise is just like me. Last night I put Bri to bed. With her in her crib were just 2 small blankets. An hour later she started crying. I went in to check on her. Leise was asleep in her bed, but when I looked in Bri's crib she was drowning in stuffed animals. Leise must have heard her start crying, and in a very tired attempt to calm her down, chucked toys at her. Yep, that child is her mother's daughter.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
The chucking of the toys made me laugh out loud... I can see Sammy doing that one day... I kinda want one of thoses funny electronic readers cause I buy almost all the books I read... and my books or overflowing the shelf... Plus the books are cheeper for the e-reader than in paper or hard back form... Iknow still even cheeper if you get them at the library... LOVE the sleep medafore!!!!
The only pro I can see to the electronic readers is that they save tons of space- and a whole lot of packing and unpacking. I was wanting one this last week and I put away box after box of books. But when Scott asked me if I REALLY wanted one, I had to say no. I love the real thing.
I'm with you on the whole sauna thing. It doesn't matter how many showers I take or how much deodrant I wear, I still STINK! Yucky hot humid weather go away!!
So funny!! I love that she threw stuffed animals in there to calm her down! So hilarious. I agree- it is how much sleep we can get in there! And I must admit I am not that great of a person on a little sleep!
I love your thoughts, they are so funny. Totally agree with you on the sleep thing. Although now I like to stay up really late after the kids go to bed and try to get all the quiet time I can. Can't wait to see you guys!!!!
My in-laws bought me a Nook and though I still prefer to read from an actual book, it has proved to be very convenient at times. I hate it when my books get bent, so when I travel I can just take the Nook and I don't have to worry about my books getting damaged. I used it a lot when Licoln was a newborn because I could just set it on the arm of the chair and didn't have to hold it and turn pages while trying to feed the baby :)
Post a Comment