We decided we needed a break from the routine, so we packed up the kids and almost everything else we own and headed up to Branson. We went straight to the campground, set up the tent, threw everything inside and then headed over to Silver Dollar City. The kids were so excited. Leise had no fear and wanted to go on everything. We spent all day Monday doing kids rides. She loved everything she went on. Eric was a little more hesitant. It was hot and sticky, and hot and sticky, and did I mention sticky? We cooled off by going to see a stunt dog show, which they all loved.
The park closed, we went out to eat, went to the campground, put the kids in their swimsuits and swam until they closed. Went back to the tent, I took the kids to the bathroom while Pedro was supposed to be setting up the air mattress. Come back, and no air mattress. Apparently it was moldy. Um, boy! Well, Bri had her pack n play, so she was set. We tried to make the ground a little more comfy by unzipping the 2 sleeping bags and then folding the blanket in half and laying it on top. It was so hot that none of us would need to be under any blankets. And then the 4 of us squished all together and tried to get comfy.
After about 5 minutes my body gave up. There was no way I was going to get any sleep by laying on the ground. So I sat in a camp chair and looked out the tent windows at the trees and meditated while listening to my family fall asleep. Bri snores!! Sometime in the middle of the night Eric woke up. I got up and rubbed his back and gave him something to eat, but he still wasn't settling down, so Pedro got up with him and took him for a walk. Somewhere closer to dawn it started raining and it got cold. So I got down on the ground to cuddle up and try to get warm. It was a pretty sleepless night.
It rained all morning. We finally gave up on the notion of packing up and staying dry. So we loaded up the kids and Pedro and I got soaked while taking down the tent. We headed back to Silver Dollar City and it stopped raining. Yay! And for about an hour there were no lines to the rides. Leise went on the log ride twice--she loved it! Hey, we were already wet, what's a little more water? Pedro and I took turns going on Wildfire. And then Leise and I went on Powderkeg. Pedro and I'd never been on it, and it looked like a pretty innocent ride, and she was tall enough. I don't know if I can apologize enough to that little girl. I think if she could have caught her breath she would have been crying the whole ride. After that experience, we bought her some dipping dots, and promised to stay in the kids section the rest of the day.
By the time we left the park we all were super-tired and had super-sore feet. Eric was asleep before the car was even turned on. Bri was asleep before we were out of the parking lot, and Leise crashed shortly after we were out of Branson. What a quiet ride home!
The kids had a blast! We had a good time. The kids want to go again. We told them that mom and dad need a mini-vacation to recover from the mini-vacation.



2 comments:
Sounds like a ton of fun... I want to take Sammy to Lagoon but I think we will wait until next year... Who knows we kinda fly by the seat of our pants with this whole parenting thing...
What a fun mini holiday! (I like to call it holiday instead of vacation. I feel more sophisticated that way). Well, except the part about the mold. And the hard ground. And the lack of sleep. And the rain. But really, it does sound like you all had a lot of fun. And the drive home sounds heavenly! :)
Post a Comment