Monday, July 12, 2010

Days like this

It's one of those days where I want to stay in my pajamas. Set the kids in front of the tv and give them a bag of candy to munch on. Do absolutely nothing but lounge around and take cat naps.

And all because of last night.

You see, I slept almost all day yesterday. Darn ear infection. I took a sleeping pill at 10pm. I fell asleep somewhere around 1:30 am. On the couch. I moved from the couch to my bed at 3ish. At 5:30 I woke up to a screaming baby. At 5:31 my older girl snuggled into the bed with me. At 6:10 I was up for the day.

I went back to bed at 8. And slept until 9:30. Kind of. Eric kept coming in to disturb my nap. So I did what any sleep deprived mom would do. I promised him loads of cookies and ice cream if he would just go watch tv and leave me alone. And so they did. I woke up to them watching Spongebob (ick!) and eating marshmallows.

I'm still in my pjs. We had chocolate milk for breakfast. Slowly but surely, I'm going to get these kids dressed and into the car, where we will drive the .2 miles to Harps to stock up on energy drinks, cookies and ice cream. And maybe I'll even drive them to the gym and drop them off there. They do have some comfy chairs and couches at the gym...maybe I'll be able to catch some z's.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

So sorry about your night. Do you want to bring the kids to me? I can watch them so you can get a nap. I hope you feel better soon

Pamela Brown said...

Sometimes those days are really nice, not the being sick and not sleeping, but the staying in Pj's all day :)

Amy said...

Oh you are funny. Who would think of the gym as a good place to catch a nap? I hope you do get the rest or at least the energy you need. I hate those days!