Yesterday I was searching for year long boarding schools. Pulling my hair out. Clenching my teeth while I talked. Wondering why on earth there is a summer break. Wondering why I have 3 munchkins. Counting down the days until school started again. Until #2 and #3 are in school. About to call my shrink. About to go insane. Yes, it was that bad. Take a long bubble bath and cry myself to sleep kind of day.
Today is a whole new story. I took a friends advice and made up a schedule for my kids. They have all taken to it so well. They have planned activities and they know just what to do, and I know what comes next in my day. Could a schedule really make that much of a difference? Indeed it has. At least for today. Possibly yesterday was just the dress rehearsal for tomorrow, but I'm holding onto hope and hoping for the best.
Here's to a *hopefully* fun and sane summer.



6 comments:
Way to go Melissa! If all your great intentions fail, there is always the nice warm bubble bath at the end of the day to look forward to. Best of Luck to you!
You should have called me:) I'm always good for making you laugh with all the weird things that come out of my mouth...right?! The schedule will work - you are such a good mom!!
Good for you. I am so not good at sticking to schedules, so I just plan on doing a couple of fun and simple things that we don't normally do and do them everyday. Like one day we went to the library, then to the park and played baseball. Or a walk and a picnic. The kids really liked having those different things put in to their day. but I wish that we were closer than we could trade our kids when we didn't know what to do with them :)
I think a schedule is a great idea! I really believe it will make things better for you- it would probably make things better for me too... I should try it :) Good luck and please post your results!
I love a schedule. We always make a list of activities that the kids want to do each summer and then we plan a few of those each week. It helps motivate them to keep rooms cleaned, have good behavior, etc.
Good luck!
I wish I were organized enough to do a schedule. Maybe i should try one anyway. It really does help them to have structure. And chocolate for you.
Post a Comment