Thursday, February 04, 2010

Blessing in disguise?

Have you ever gotten in your car, turned it on, popped it in reverse and went...nowhere?

Literally.
No.Where.

It's quite a confusing experience, especially before 7am.

My van is broken. And I'm happy about it. Does that qualify for insanity yet? The timing is perfect. We'll get a tax refund and a bonus soon to pay to get it fixed.

But most importantly, Pedro was still home when it happened. I waited until he woke up and told him what happened. He checked it out, looked online at what could possibly be wrong, and then we came up with a deal. I will not take him into work before Leise is on the bus. And I will not pick him up after 9pm. I have just guaranteed myself and my kids 10 hours of having dad home every day...until the van gets fixed of course.

6 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

WAHOO!!

De Anne said...

Bummer that your newly paid off van broke, but sounds like a win situation to me! Enjoy the time with Pedro!

Noodle said...

Hey I like that you can see the sunny side in this... I can totaly see where your coming from with wanting your hunny home... "hope the van stays broke for at least a week" =)

Lacey said...

Like the negotiating skills there, very smart on your part.

Pamela Brown said...

Sorry about your van, but I would say that the alternative is much better. Enjoy every minute with your hubby :)

Feels Like Today said...

that worked out well :)