I like to run. I love to run if I can do it outside. Today's run was 7 miles. In the snow. Ahh, refreshing! It was so nice to focus for 1 1/2 hours on where to put my feet to avoid slippery spots. My feet got drenched at the very beginning of my run, just around the corner from my house. After that my feet either froze or they dried because I felt them get soaked again around mile 5.
For 1 1/2 hours I could think of the cold, how pretty the snow is, wondering if my next step would land me on my hiney or smack on my face. I was free from thinking about Pedro's work project that has me at the very edge of insanity. I was free from thinking about my kids and who needed what and fretting over whether or not there will be school on Monday. I was free from thinking about the wreck that my house has become. I was free from thinking about anything! except "step here, step there, let's get a better work-out and run in some deep snow, time to get out of the deep snow, get out of the way for the car behind me, keep running up this hill, maybe I should stop and say hi to Lacey, half-way done, should I stop and help that guy get out of his driveway, step here, step there, cross the street now, am I home already?"
It's such a release to run! Such freedom from everyday concerns!
And by the way, I ran 7 miles in 90 minutes, through the snow and feeling like I was running at a super slow pace because I didn't want to re-experience my Rexburg days. After today's run I feel like I could run 9 or 10 miles comfortably.
I started my run at 5pm and got home at 6:30. I didn't realize how cold I was until I changed out of my running clothes. I thawed out around 8. It's 9:30 and my legs and feet are still cold, but I'd do that run again in a heartbeat. In fact, if my kids aren't asleep in the next 10 minutes or if they come out of their room one more time or bang on their door again I'll be lacing up my running shoes.



5 comments:
YOu could have stopped by and said hi and then I would have given you hot chocolate and a cupcake so you could have the energy to finish. I'm so impressed. Maybe I need to try running with you one of these days. I won't do snow though. Haha!
Those kind of run are the best! Keep it up..they are so good for the soul. 7 miles is impressive!
You are amazing, 90 minutes in snow. I'd be in a hurry to finish! I have a tendency to worry about everything I still need to do that day.
Who watched the kids?
Although, I'd have to admit, my last 19 mile run was a carefree run. Mostly because I knew I'd be done early enough to get the things I needed to get done done, so I allowed myself a mental break.
You are a great example.
you are crazy amazing...i could never ever ever run that much...ever. I like it, but i havne't been blessed with any endurance. when i trained for my triathlon the longest i ever ran was 4 miles and i had been training for months. i'm glad you have something you love to do to get your mind off things...everyone needs that...unfortunately mine always ends up spending money =)
you guys look so tired...if I could just pop over and help out! want me to send some chocolate:) I send many hugs!
Post a Comment