Eric is in that terrible stage. You know the one. The one where the kid refuses to take a nap but just can't make it all the way to bedtime. The kid falls asleep around 5 or 6pm.
That's what happened yesterday. And instead of following my gut instinct and waking the kid up as soon as I noticed he was sleeping, I relished in the pure awesomeness of having him and Bri asleep at the same time.
He slept until 8pm. Need I say more?
No. But I'm going to anyway.
This was our night:
6pm. Brianna and Eric fall asleep on the drive home from some shopping. I put both kids to bed.
7pm. Leise and I have sandwiches for dinner. Leise then takes a bath.
8pm. Leise goes to bed.
8:30 pm Eric wakes up
10:30 pm Mom gets tired and cranky.
12:15 am Finally have had it. Lock Eric in his room and pray he doesn't kick the door and scream and wake up the girls
12:30 Mom falls asleep
Sometime after 1am Dad gets home
1:30 am Eric sneaks into mom and dads bed
1:30 - 5:30 am mom and dad are used as punching bags
5:30am Brianna is awake for the day. Eric is put back in his bed
5:45am mom puts in baby Einstein for Brianna and goes back to bed
6:15 am alarm goes off. mom pushes snooze over and over again
6:30 mom gets up, gets Leise ready for school and out to the bus
7:30 mom wakes up dad for a conference call
8:00 mom puts Bri back to bed and heads to bed herself
8:30 dad wakes up mom and asks to have his back covered in calamine lotion. mom tells dad to shower first
8:31 dad takes shower then wakes up mom again. mom covers dad in calamine lotion and falls asleep again
9:15 dad and eric wake up mom with a sonic breakfast sandwich and an energy drink. mom rejoices.
So much to do today + so little energy = time to chug-a-lug the monster drink
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Thats sad....hope those energy drinks work out awesome for ya! Hope your day goes good 4 you love ya much
I despise those kind of nights/days. That was sweet that you had some energy food to wake up to. I hope tonight is a better night :)
SO since he didn't sleep all night, does that mean he will crash and have to take a nap today? My fingers are crossed for you!
that sounds like my nights lately... And my family wonders why I'm grumpy... But Daddy is going to be home at night now so Sammy will sleep!!!
I love the way you write!! You just crack me up! Sorry about the whole situation! I find I do that all to often, enjoy it when theyt are asleep at the same time and then pay for it royally later! I love the pics of your kids. Gorgeous!!
Post a Comment