Thursday, December 03, 2009

My poor girls

I always knew it in the back of my mind. I try not to show it, or let my kids see it too much. But today the blaring sign was right in front of my face and I couldn't ignore it. I acknowledged it and now after I write this out, it's time to tuck it back away.

I took Brianna in for her 6 month check up today. Oh, stats really quick

13 pounds 11 ounces! Yippee! She gained over 1 1/2 pounds in a month. You grow girl!
25 inches
44 whatever on her head.

So in short...she's little with a big head.

Anyways, back to what I was saying. She got her shots today. I've been really bad and haven't taken her in for shots before this, the last shot she had was 6 months ago after she was born. Maybe it's because she's my 3rd child and I've been through this before. Maybe it's because I know her, and I know that she'll get over it really fast. I just couldn't get choked up or sad that she was going to get poked. She got her shots, she cried, I picked her up and held her, and 2 seconds later she was smiling again. See, no problem!

Right after that appointment, I took Eric around the corner to get the flu shots. I just about fell apart. I was on the verge of tears that my little guy was getting 2 pokes. I held him down and talked him through it, but when he screamed it just tore away at my heart. So there you have it. My dilemma. But let's not call it favoritism, okay?

Eric has a special piece of my heart that my girls just can't touch. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my girls. They're wonderful, adorable and awesome little kiddos. Eric...I don't know. He's whiny, stubborn, picky and yet...I dunno.

Is this the same power that little girls hold on their dads?

*Sorry about the lack of pictures. Our camera died a long slow painful death.

5 comments:

Noodle said...

I think it is the same power girls have on there daddys... Johnny is so funny with ours... He can be so stren and strick with them but he is always there to cuddle and snuggle them better... He stays up with them when they are sick and spoils them rotten... I will say oh she really dosn't need that and the next thing I know he has gotten it for them...

Pamela Brown said...

There is nothing wrong with that. When Joel is sad (I mean really sad and not the fake crying or when he is throwing a fit)It breaks my heart, because Joel is SOOOOO sensative. I wonder if it is because we know Dads will be harder on their boys and so we try to compensate for that. Between Daddy's girls and Mommas Boys, I think that there is a balance :)

Happy Late Birthday Pedro

Amy said...

Hmmm, interesting. I really can't help you much there. I have noticed I have been a bit more lax with Keith lately, but I think it is because I worry that he will feel displaced and unimportant with so much attention going to the new baby... but now that you mention it... my brothers never got in trouble growing up, but the girls were always in trouble! I think you may be onto something here.

kelgrandy said...

Your new pictures are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Wow :)

Feels Like Today said...

Yes, boys do hold special places with their mommies - mine still do & so do the grandsons:)