We got our 2 couches 5 years ago from my auntie. They're made from the microfiber kind of stuff. It started coming off. Then my kids started peeling it off. Then they were drawn on and had pens poked into the fabric.
We thought about buying new couches.
But I just couldn't. I LOVE our old couches! So we put slipcovers on them to hide the missing fabric and the drawn on cushions. I don't think I could ever find another couch that is so absolutely perfect for taking naps on. Every so often I just have to sleep the night on the couch...not because I'm mad at Petey, but because it is just that comfortable. Honestly, I think that if we were ever that mad at each other at bedtime I wouldn't be able to kick my husband out of the room and send him to sleep on the couch...I would want the couch!
Anyways, back to what I was saying. Last night was one such night. Around midnight I realized I just couldn't fall asleep so I got up and took 1/2 a sleeping pill and headed for the couch. Ah, so perfectly perfect!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Wonderful! I love old furniture that is like that! I had an old chair in my room when I was a teenager. The springs were completely shot, and the bottom was sagging through, and it simply swallowed you up when you sat on it. It was the best reading chair. I cried when my parents got rid of it.
I hope you get to keep your couches forever!
Oh man, my couch in Arkansas was like that. I miss that couch. I hope it went to a family who will enjoy napping on it as much as I did.
Our downstairs couch is kiiind of like that, but it doesn't sound as comfy as yours. Our upstairs couch sucks for taking naps on. It's just for looks. Blah.
LOVE comfy couches. I too spend many nights on the couch because it is SOOOO much more comfy than my bed. (Maybe it's time for a new bed!)
You are so funny!!! I am a bed sleeper. I have never been able to sleep on a couch.....comfortably. Is that something that runs in your Family? I hope you will be able to enjoy your couch for many more years:) Love ya guys!!!
hey, I love that couch - my bed when I come visiting!! Thank you for keeping it:)
hey, I love that couch - my bed when I come visiting!! Thank you for keeping it:)
Post a Comment