I can hear my kids. They're playing in the bathtub. The empty bathtub. They're giggling and laughing. They're having a good time. And I'm left all alone to sit and blog and think about whether and when I should get up and get going on my housework. But I can also smell. And I smell soap. Lots and lots of soap, shampoo, bubbles and lotion emanating from the bathroom. Oh, and now I hear the water being turned on. Oh boy. But should I interrupt them? They're having so much fun. And I really don't want to see what they have done. It may not be pretty. But at least it will smell good. There's a bonus. I think I'll go hand them some rags since they and most of the bathroom are covered in soap and have them start scrubbing it down. Ah, happy kids + clean bathroom = bliss.
Friday, October 09, 2009
Should I stop them?
I can hear my kids. They're playing in the bathtub. The empty bathtub. They're giggling and laughing. They're having a good time. And I'm left all alone to sit and blog and think about whether and when I should get up and get going on my housework. But I can also smell. And I smell soap. Lots and lots of soap, shampoo, bubbles and lotion emanating from the bathroom. Oh, and now I hear the water being turned on. Oh boy. But should I interrupt them? They're having so much fun. And I really don't want to see what they have done. It may not be pretty. But at least it will smell good. There's a bonus. I think I'll go hand them some rags since they and most of the bathroom are covered in soap and have them start scrubbing it down. Ah, happy kids + clean bathroom = bliss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Been there done that :)I like the idea of giving them rags and letting them clean, I'll have to remember that. Although I have lost many good shampoo and conditioners that way.
What a fun mother you are! And I think giving them rags is the best idea ever. Little kids like to help. And bliss is a nice thing to have.
way to make them do the work!
Post a Comment