Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Too big for her britches

From a conversation with Annaleise:

Leise: Mom, I'm big enough to stay home by myself.
Mom: Oh really? What if the house catches on fire?
Leise: Mom, it won't do that.
Mom: What if you get hungry?
Leise: I know how to get food.
Mom: What if you lock yourself out and can't get back in?
Leise: Mom, I'm too smart to do that!

Of course this conversation happens right after she decides she's tired of being picked up from school everyday and gets onto a bus.

Why does my little girl think she's 5 going on 20?

4 comments:

Amy said...

How funny is she? At what age is it okay to leave your children home alone? I really don't know. At least she is too smart to get into trouble :) Good luck keeping her a little girl.

Anonymous said...

And every parent thinks they want a smart child.

Pamela Brown said...

That is so funny. What did the bus driver do when she got on the bus? She is going to be a lot of fun when she is a teenager, can you imagine the kinds of things she will be asking to do. Well Between Annaliese and Bailee I'm sure that you and I will have a lot of great stories, and we'll have to make sure we talk a lot :)

Sara said...

Oh dear! She sure sounds like a handful! But, a wonderful handful! Ü Good luck with her!