Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Odd Sensations



Wa-hoo! 5 years ago I never thought this day would come and now here it is! I'm so excited for my Leisey-Luler to be in kindergarten! She's been excited for today since she was 2 years old. I've been excited for this day since she was 2 years old too!
My house is a little too quiet and way too calm. The instigator of chaos is not here. The one who keeps me on my toes from before I wake up until after I go to bed is not here. What will I do now that the one who likes to mop the floor in her swimsuit with a bottle of bubbles is gone? The one who likes to dump 4 bottles of lotion on the floor? The one who would jump off the roof to see if she could fly is gone? The one who mixes bananas with raisins, water and dirt in an effort to make poison is gone? From 7am to 3pm my life might be boring until next summer. Or at least until Thanksgiving break. We'll see what the other 2 Morales kiddos can come up with. But I'm sure that neither of them can top what I've gotten from my little Leisey-Lu.
I really wish I could be a fly on the wall in her class. Just to see what she does all day, if she makes lots of friends, if she's happy. She's so talkative that I'm sure I'll get an earful when she gets home. Whether or not it's what really happened is another matter altogether.
So until she gets home I'll be wandering around wondering why my name isn't being called 100 times a minute.
Good luck Luly! We love you!

8 comments:

Lacey said...

She looks excited and so dang cute. I bet your house is a lot more quiet than normal. Kenzie was sad she didn't get to go to school today.

Amy said...

What a beautiful grown up girl she is! I am sure it will be a huge adjustment, but I am thinking you are going to get a lot of bonding time with the other two, which will be nice for them. Enjoy the time you have with them all!

maynardmoments said...

Oh, how exciting! I can't believe how grown up she looks.

Kim said...

Hey annaleise you are now is kindergarden.. That is so cool. Maddie tell us that she wants just to go to high school.. Well good luck with the homework and everything. The Jason Browns

Nicole said...

Such a big day-- for both of you!!! The house always seems so quiet once the kids go back to school. I say: enjoy! =)

Noodle said...

She looks like she is ready for all the challenges that school can bring... And with her creativty she should do just fine... I wonder what her teacher will say at parent teacher confrence??? You will have to share that with us when the time comes... In the meanwhille enjoy the quite and quialty time you get to spend with the other two... Can I start counting down the days for Sammy yet or is it too soon????

Pamela Brown said...

Enjoy every minute of it. You'll edventually find it hard having them home, and then you can't wait until school starts again, or until Christmas break is over :) I can't believe she is in kindergarten. She looks so cute. You'll have to post how her first day of school was. But make sure you get all the rest you can while she is at school.

Anonymous said...

Mel, you don't want to be a fly... you would be smacked dead. Give my love to Liesy Lu and tell her Aunt Amber is oh so happy for her!