Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How it used to be


This morning after dropping Annaleise off this song came on--I'm a Believer--and the flashbacks started.

For our first date, Petey took me to the drive in to see Shrek. Not that we saw much of it. I don't think we watched the whole movie start to finish until about a year after we met. But I do remember the music. So naturally, the song comes on and I'm remembering 7 1/2 years ago. On top of that, about a month before we were married we went to a stake dance just for fun and they had karaoke there. Pedro convinced me to get up there and sing with him--I must have really liked the guy or something. The song? I'm a Believer. I laughed the whole way through it either from nerves or because Pedro was going over the top with the song.

Now I have a hankering to watch Shrek.

6 comments:

Vudochki said...

When I clicked on your blog and heard that song I was startled. For some odd reason my brain thought it was my cell phone ringing. Whatever. My mind is mush after kids. Anyway, pretty cute story. I guess you two have your "song". Oh how romantic! :)

Amy said...

How cute! I wish I had fun stories of my hubby from before we got married. I should, I've known him for about 13 years (can you believe jr high was that long ago?) but I don't. He has lots of stories of trying to catch my eye, but I was oblivious. Oh well. We can start making memories now.

Feels Like Today said...

that's awesome!!

Pamela Brown said...

That's so sweet. I love moments like that. I remember those times. The times when you couldn't wait to see them and spend every minute of the day with them, do anything for them. Now I get excited to see Justin so I can give him the children take a shower and get a rest. It's amazing how things change.

Jenni said...

So are you saying that you didn't see much of the show because you were too busy kissin??? Such a fun memory! It's crazy how much of a soundtrack we have with our memories. And how songs can bring all sorts of things back to us!

jed-laura said...

That is soooo cute! Thanks for sharing.