Friday, March 20, 2009

Baby Ariel


This is the name Annaleise has chosen for baby. She tells everyone that it's a girl and that her name is Ariel. She could be right on the girl thing, but definitely wrong on the Ariel part. I just can't have an Eric and an Ariel--too much Little Mermaid going on for me. But it really works as a nickname for now. Ariel is a girl name in English, and in Spanish it's a boy name. There ya go--all the bases are covered.

I found out today that Baby Ariel really likes the glucose drink. There was a party going on--all sorts of awesome dance moves and it kept moving around so it took a long time for the nurse to get a steady heartbeat.

Baby Ariel is also causing some icky side affects for me. I feel like the whole left side of my body has been taken over by nasty, bulging veins. On the plus side, at least it's only one achy, ugly leg instead of 2. Another positive note--since I'm not giddy with anticipation for the newest arrival to get here ASAP, time has flipped and is flying by faster than I would like. Which turns the tables for me--the next 13 weeks should fly by and hopefully my body will return to it's former 'normal-vein' self shortly thereafter. But it's all worth it, right? Ya, I'll just keep telling myself that.

3 comments:

Noodle said...

I always loved giving my unborn babys nicknames... Our frist was bert and ernie.. Sadly we didn't get to play with that name very long and we called Sammy Baby S cause both names we had started with S's...and mean baby when she was making me sick... Or hurting me in some other strange crazy way...

Pamela Brown said...

That is a really good ultrasound picture, what a cutie. That's nice that annaliese wants to name the baby, I'm sure she will be a big helper!!!!

Jenni said...

Wow do you only have 13 weeks left? So what is the deal are you guys just not finding out? Man I wish I had the same self control as you guys then! Sorry that this baby is taking quite the affect on your body! Just 13 more weeks, 13 more weeks, 13 more weeks . . . (maybe if you keep saying it over and over again it will make it easier??)