Monday, January 05, 2009

Thoughts Jumbled

My sister in-law Gaby just announced that she's having a baby girl. I'm thrilled for her. She needs a girl to buy all things pretty and pink for...especially after having 3 handsome boys. She's praising the Chinese calendar. That caught my interest and I checked it for myself. I hope it's wrong! It says I'm having a girl. Death to the Chinese calendar!
I'm scared of having another girl. This house does not need any more estrogen in it. Give us testosterone! I love my girl, truly I do. But holy cow! I think if I can get this kid to adulthood still alive then I deserve exaltation. And she's only 4! And how in the world does a 4 year old become smarter than both her parents put together? I'm going to put the dreaded 'mommy curse' on her so that one day she'll appreciate everything I'm trying to do.
But on the other hand...my girl turned out how I thought a boy would be, and my boy turned out how I thought a girl would be. So maybe this time I would get a girl that is what I thought a girl is...you know, calm, sits and plays with barbies all day. But she'd still have the crazy mood swings. Hmm. But then I could get a boy that's completely active and just a little tornado. But then again, I've got that in Annaleise. Boys don't scare me all that much anymore. When my boy is upset I give him food or a ball or a car to play with. He runs off and is fine. When my girl is upset we can end up having an hour long drama-fest going on. And we can have several of those each day.
And this is why I don't want to find out what the baby is. If it turns out to be a girl then I'll probably be so relieved just to have her out of me that I won't care that she's full of estrogen and drama and mood swings. If I found out in 3 weeks that it's a girl, I'd probably be brooding and crying for the next however many months is left. If it's a boy, I'll be just as happy as I would have been at the ultrasound. And if it's a girl I'll have to delete this post before she learns how to read.

*That said, there's a part of me that would like another little girl*

6 comments:

Pamela Brown said...

Wow I can't believe that you find out in three weeks what you are having. That would be fun if you are having a boy, the brown family really needs more boys. But girl or boy kids always come with their own given personalities. Bailee would probably still be crazy, even if she were a boy. But I am a firm believer that Heavenly Father only gives each family one really difficult child. So we should both be in the clear :)

De Anne said...

Speaking from experience, girls can be SOOO much fun! I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Just remember, all children are different and bring their own little personalities to the family. Boy, or girl, you'll love them to death and it will be exactly as Heavenly Father has planned>

Jessica said...

oh your posts are just so fun to read! Both my kids are tornados so I'm not sure what to tell you. Good luck!

Noodle said...

Look at all your siblings they are all diffrent as night and day. The little one that the Lord has choosen to come to you family is just what he or she needs to be both in gender and personalty. You've been a mother on both spectrums so no matter what come I think you will be prepaired.

Amy said...

Melissa! Hey, I am so glad you found me. Of course I remember you! Wow, you are having another baby? You aren't old enough to have three kids. I am so excited to be able to keep up with you and your life and everything that is going on with you! Good luck with everything.

Nicole said...

The nice thing is, you already have one of each, so either way, you will love whatever you are blessed with.