Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another week of Random Life







*Warning--I'm severely sleep deprived at the moment so if this doesn't make sense you know why

Annaleise's view on growing up:

"Mom! I ate my celery and I growed up and now I have a hair on my toe!"

Sweet Surprise:

We took our broken camera back to Wal-mart wishing and hoping against all the normal procedures that they'd take it back for some odd reason. A worker from the electronics department took a look at it, changed the batteries and wa-laa! It worked. Funny thing is--we tried changing the battery earlier this week and nothing happened. Huh. I guess Duracel is a better brand than Energizer. So--look for the pictures of my kids wacked out haircuts--compliments of Annaleise.

My love/hate relationship with Oklahoma:

I have to be on good terms with Oklahoma because that's where our temple is. We went today--big thanks to the Greggory's for taking our kids. We haven't been since December, so today was just a lovely day.
Another reason to love Oklahoma--we found gas for 3.19 a gallon. No kidding--picture included.
A reason to hate Oklahoma--their signs! It's like they don't want you to get out of their state! No joke. Good news is we got to the temple without getting lost for the 1st time ever. Bad news is that coming back we got lost in Tulsa. I don't know how many different highways/freeways/turnpikes we got on trying to find our way home. Why can't they be like normal states with normal signs? If you ever travel to Oklahoma I recommend getting a GPS. Anybody want to donate to our GPS fund?
We took a few extra minutes while we were in Oklahoma City to go to the Memorial from the bombing in 1995. It's nice. Thanks to 1-800-GOOG-411 for getting us there without getting lost!

And because I can't leave him out:

Eric tripped and face planted into the street when we went for a walk a few days ago. He's got road rash on his forehead and nose, so if you see him--that's what happened.

One more thing about Leise:

She got herself another splinter. This time we were able to get it out using just the 2 of us. What a pain. I should put gloves on that child when she goes outside. She can pitch the hugest fit ever. The neighbors probably thought we were trying to shove Okra down her throat or something much worse.

1 comment:

Jason said...

That is great you made it to the temple. We need to go too!! Thanks for sharing your stories, Lesie (did I spell it right??) sounds like such a doll. I am sorry to hear about Eric, walking is tough when your first learning...I think... Anyways, McKenzie is walking too, she just took 10 steps...I love being a parent...it rocks!!