The following is a typical conversation I have in the car with Annaleise before we go shopping
"Are you going to be good in the store today?"
"Yep!"
"We don't run down the aisles, right?"
"Nope"
"And we don't run away, right?"
"Nope"
"And we don't scream in the store, right?"
"Nope"
"And we don't throw cans of food in the store, right?"
"Nope"
"And we don't take bites of apples, right?"
"Nope"
"And we don't play with plungers in the bathroom, right?"
"Nope"
Then I grit my teeth and get on with it, because I know that as soon as she enters what she thinks is a wonderful playland, she'll forget all about our talk and do all the things I asked her not to do. Except for the plunger thing...I don't think I'll ever let her into another public bathroom again after that incident.
Eric is going through a funky stage now. He wants to feed himself, but beyond crackers and granola bars, he doesn't like any real solid food that he can eat with his fingers. So I tried giving him a spoon and a small bowl of applesauce...yeah, that didn't work out too well. After a week of experimenting, I found a way to get food in his mouth. I have to sing 5 little monkeys while I feed him. That song is so stuck in my head, I found myself singing it to myself while running on the treadmill...hope nobody heard.
I love Superwhy! It's the best cartoon to happen since the Jetsons. PBS/AETN is holding their annual fundraiser so this past week it hasn't been on at all. We've all been suffering...well maybe just me. But I'm happy to say that Superwhy is back! To the bookclub!!!



3 comments:
Welcome (back) to the blogging world! If it weren't for Eli, we would not have one, so good job! Cute kids! I will look at this as often as I can...
So funny! Annaleise sounds like a joy to take shopping! I guess that is an episode that I just get to look forward to as Kyler gets older!! Crazy how their songs get stuck in our heads huh!!
Mel & Family:
Thanks for letting me come visit for the Easter weekend. I enjoyed the visit.
Mel: What a blog. Keep up the good work. Its entertaining and informative. Grandpa
Post a Comment