Monday, September 07, 2015
Loss
Jennifer is gone. She died. Sept 2, 2015. 2:36am or so.
It hurts. A lot. There's a void. An empty spot. I wander around the house not knowing what to do. We have moments of laughter, and talking and smiles. And then, out of nowhere the pain comes. There are moments when I feel Jenn nearby, and it feels so good. There are memories to share, and family members to hug and lean on. And then I realize, I'm never going to walk into my parent's house again and hear her call out "Melly!" No more nights of Monopoly or Bananagrams. No more texting pictures of shoes to get her opinion. No more going out to ice cream. No more hearing her call me a "butt" for living so far away.
We laid my sister's body to rest yesterday. It was beautiful and it was odd. Odd to think of her body being laid beneath the earth. That broken, beat up body. Then I tell myself that it's only a shell. That wasn't Jenn. Jenn was beautiful. She was vibrant. She was so caring and full of compassion. She was full of light and love.
Her body is gone, but her spirit lives on. Her beautiful, kind spirit is with us still.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh Mel, I am so sorry. My heart is broken for you! I wish there was something I could do for you, more than prayers. But you will be getting lots and lots of prayers from me. I am so sorry!
Post a Comment