Friday, February 21, 2014

I Married Up

Eureka! I married up.

I come to this conclusion often. And today was another such day.

After getting 3 good hours of sleep, and 3 hours of terrible sleep, I woke at 6:30 and immediately started puking. Pedro came to my aid -- I have no clue how he stands in the bathroom with me when something so gross is going on, but he does. After he fed kids breakfast and took them all to school, he came back home. He told his workmates that he'd be working from home so he could take care of me. He brought me Sprite, he helped me move from bed to couch to bed again. He rubbed my back. He made me a bath. He kept the puke bucket next to me at all times. Every time I groaned he asked if I was okay or if I needed anything. He picked kids up from school, entertained them, kept them quiet so I could sleep, and now has them at the church for an activity.

He's great, you know. Days like this I realize that he sees something in me that I don't see. Sometimes I wonder why he chose me. And then days like these I stop wondering, I don't need to know the answer. I just know that he values me, that he sees worth in me. He thinks I'm special.

Special enough to hold my hair while I do the unspeakable.

No comments: