

Easter this year was a little more low key than usual. I liked it. I liked it a lot.
We had planned on going to the city's egg hunt so we wouldn't have to put on our own. As is normal, my memory failed me and we forgot to go. So the day before Easter we colored a dozen eggs with the kids. We filled up their baskets with 5 eggs each (the plastic kind filled with robin eggs and jelly beans). The girls each got a new dress and Eric a new suit. We set those out for them to find on Easter morning.
Sunday morning came. The kids were happy with their baskets. We went to church, came home and watched The Testaments. Pedro took a nap and I took the kids to Compton Gardens to go walking. It was a beautiful, sunny day.
We came home and had spaghetti for dinner. Yup. Spaghetti. I didn't want a big fancy dinner that none of the kids would eat and would just end up being a big headache for me. So, spaghetti.
Nice and easy does it. It was so relaxed and made it possible for me to really focus on the spirit of Easter and remember the Savior's life and all that is possible for me and my family because of His Atonement and Resurrection.
Simple. Easy. Nice.
Happy Easter!




No comments:
Post a Comment