Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Last Few Runs

Last Saturday I ran 19.25 miles. I was exhausted. I ended up catching a cold that same night and spent the weekend not doing much. Which made this weeks runs really hard. Tuesday I did 5 miles on the treadmill--pure torture. I took multiple breaks and that 5 miler felt more like 10. Wednesday I was supposed to run 9 miles. I ended up running 2, walking 1 and then calling home for Petey to come pick me up. That's the first run that I've had to stop early. Made me really frustrated. Saturday I was supposed to do 14. I did 7. I'll be doing this past week's runs this week again, hopefully hitting all my marks. It's frustrating to get sick and be set back. Good thing I scheduled a few extra weeks for training in case I got sick.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You are amazing. Seriously. You inspire me. When I grow up, can I be just like you?

Laura said...

You can do it! You rock. I feel for ya, I hope you recover soon. Good luck on your big run this saturday!